Pharmacy Residency Program
A national provider of home infusion services, Option Care offers patients an alternative to hospitalization through our Care Management Center Pharmacies. Over 1,700 clinicians provide home infusion therapies in alternate sites of care – like patients’ homes or our ambulatory infusion suites.
This innovative PGY1 pharmacy residency targets the development of clinical practice, pharmacy operations and management expertise. It will prepare you to practice in and manage specialty infusion pharmacies. Residents complete the PGY1 residency in the specialty infusion pharmacy care environment, based at one of the company pharmacies. Residents also participate in company-wide Corporate Clinical Support Activities with rotating national, regional and academic preceptors for nutrition support, reimbursement, risk management, performance improvement and drug information.
PGY1 pharmacy residency programs build on Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions, eligible for board certification, and eligible for postgraduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training.
Связаться с нами
8:30am - 6:00pm ET
7:30am - 5:00pm CT
6:30am - 4:00pm MT
5:30am - 3:00pm PT
To speak with an Infusion Services representation, call
What to expect
as a resident
- Learning experiences focused on interdisciplinary care coordination, patient assessment, infusion device selection and management, care planning, patient monitoring, medication reconciliation and review, patient and caregiver education, drug information support, compounding of sterile preparations, inventory and supply management, supervising technicians, development and presentation of policies and training programs, and pharmacy quality assurance
- Opportunities to participate in all aspects of local infusion and corporate infusion pharmacy services
- Participation in intensive professional development and training
- Site-specific and/or nationally focused residency projects
- Training and clinical practice experience in infusion therapies, including parenteral nutrition, anti-infective therapy/infectious diseases, inotropes/heart failure, factor/bleeding disorders, immune globulins, and other injectable therapies used in home and ambulatory care settings
- Precepting by local, national, regional, and academic experts in nutrition support, reimbursement, risk management, and drug information
- Elective drug information rotations and other off-site residency networking opportunities
- Presentations and participation at regional and national professional meetings
Locations and Match Information
The PGY-1 pharmacy residencies conducted by Option Care are accredited by the American Society of Health System Pharmacists. Lincoln NE and Shelton CT were new for 2017 and are both seeking to place their third resident in 2019. Their ASHP status is “candidate”.
All Option Care locations are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care.
Stipend & Benefits
Option Care offers a competitive annual residency stipend, competitive paid time off and paid company holidays, as well as eligibility for company-sponsored flexible benefits spending plans, health insurance, and 401K plans. The company covers travel expenses to national professional meetings and residency events consistent with travel and reimbursement policies.
The following are minimum criteria:
- PharmD degree from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the state/site (branch pharmacy) for which you are applying
- Home infusion externship rotation and/or practice experience (preferred)
- Ability to work effectively in the dynamic, interdisciplinary specialty pharmacy environment
- Motivation, enthusiasm, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to travel locally (off-site) and to other company and affiliated locations for learning experiences, service commitment, and professional development
- Registration in the ASHP Resident Matching Program
All residency candidate application materials must be received no later than the application deadline: Friday January 4th, 2019.
Please follow these instructions for application to one or more of the Option Care PGY1 pharmacy residency programs. Each Option Care PGY1 program has a unique ASHP Program Code and a unique National Matching Service (NMS) Code.
- Applicants can apply to more than one location
- Applicants to more than one location of the PGY1 home infusion residency programs should select only one program location in PhORCAS for all Option Care submission materials
- If you are applying to more than one of the Option Care home infusion locations, please note this interest in your Personal Statement/Letter of Intent.
- Please submit PhORCAS application materials to only one Option Care application site.
- This residency site agrees that no person at this site will solicit, accept, or use any ranking related information from any residency applicant.
Checklist for application process:
- Complete and upload or arrange for transmission of all application material requirements to PhORCAS, the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service. Go to https://www.ashp.org/Professional-Development/Residency-Information/Residency-Program-Directors/PhORCAS for information on enrollment.
- All information must be complete and uploaded by the application deadline.
- Complete and upload to PhORCAS a customized Personal Statement/Letter of Intent (up to two pages double spaced.)
- Please explain why you are applying for a residency, the experiences you hope to gain, and the specific reasons why you are interested in pursuing a PGY1 Pharmacy Residency at Option Care.
After receipt of complete applications by the application deadline, the Pharmacy Residency Committee will select candidates for telephone screening interviews with residency program leadership. Finalists will be invited for an onsite interview at a residency program site location. Applicants are responsible for travel expenses incurred as part of the interview process.
Связаться с нами
Direct your specific inquiries about the pharmacy residency program to Tom Rout, Residency Program Director, Option Care, via email at Tom.Rout@optioncare.com.
Refer to the ASHP Residency Directory Listings for details of each program site and contact names, numbers, and email addresses.